Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this thread in the days ahead as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Features & Support Guide
- Patch Notes
- Known Issues
- Customer Support & Service Issues
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting
- Dungeons & Raids
- The number of Smouldering Essences that can be collected from a single boss in 25-person Firelands on Heroic difficulty has been reduced.
- The number of Smouldering Essences that can be collected from a single boss in 10-person Firelands on normal mode has been increased.
- The hit points and damage done by drones and spiders in this encounter have been reduced by 10%.
- Ragnaros health has been reduced by 15% and the melee damage of molten elementals was reduced by about 25% on Heroic difficulty.
- Kalecgos should no longer despawn when first engaged.
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets and other effects.
- The Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor now does an average of 2.6x more damage than before, but is less likely to reach a large stack of charges.
- Moonwell Chalice should no longer grant its mastery rating bonus when the activating player unequips it.
- Quests and Creatures
- The vehicle entered when on the quest Punting Season should no longer provide players immunity to fall damage.
- Scourged Flamespitters should no longer grant experience when killed.
- Subdued Canyon Ettins from Redridge are no longer capable of being led to Stormwind.