Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this thread in the days ahead as additional hotfixes are applied.
- Features & Support Guide
- Patch Notes
- Known Issues
- Customer Support & Service Issues
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting
- Pet Defensive stance will no longer cause the pet to assist the player while a vanity pet is active.
- Rake should again be able to trigger Primal Fury.
- Dungeons & Raids
- Characters who make for a good Dinner Time should no longer be ported to Ancient Core Hounds they are not in combat with when the ability’s effects end.
- Fire Scorpion and Flamewaker corpses no longer provide loot or reputation when they’re eaten by Hell Hounds and Fire Turtles.
- Unstable Magmas are now gaining energy properly from the Flamewaker Animators.
- Voracious Hatchlings will now Imprint on a new target if their current target dies.
- Majordomo Fandral Staghelm
- Flame Scythe now properly hits pets.
- Fandral can now cast Searing Seeds and Burning Orbs while moving.
- Several locations which could be used to avoid damage from Engulfing Flames have been adjusted so they’re no longer safe spots.
- Combustible will always be reapplied to Living Meteors, even if the attacking character dies as a Meteor Impact occurs.
- Living Meteors will now become frozen by Cenarius under all conditions when transitioning into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty.
- If a Living Meteor is frozen in the lava pool during the transition into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty, it will teleport on a player after the stun ends, but will no longer explode immediately. Players now have a 2-second window to escape the meteor’s melee range.
- Living Meteors will gain the Living Meteor Transform buff once frozen in the Breadth of Frost trap, even if a meteor is knocked into it.
- If a Living Meteor's fixated target drops aggro via Feign Death, the meteor will target the pet, and then select a new non-pet target upon which to fixate.
- Ragnaros now enrages after 18 minutes in all raid difficulties and sizes, up from 15 minutes.
- Quests & Creatures
- Hyjal Regrowth & Molten Front
- Wounded Hyjal Defenders should no longer sometimes spawn in with full health and in a standing position when players are on the quest Burn Victims.
- Molten Lords no longer become tapped by the first player who attacks them with any of the Trained Fire Hawk's abilities while on the quest Fire in the Skies, allowing for any player who dealt damage to the Molten Lord to gain quest credit upon its death.
- Windcallers now respawn within 1 minute on average for the quest Into the Fire when both are rendered inactive. Additionally, players will only experience a maximum of approximately 75 seconds of a delay before they are able to initiate the escort event.
- Hyjal Regrowth & Molten Front